TotalEnergies in Ethiopia
Energy company established in 1950
TotalEnergies Marketing Ethiopia was established as TOTAL Mer Rouge in 1950 E.C as a petroleum product distribution company and further expanded its activities by acquiring the Mobil Oil East Africa assets in 2006. After more than 40 years of operating in the country, the name TOTAL Mer Rouge was changed and organized in accordance with the Ethiopian Commercial law with a new name Total Ethiopia S.C., in September 1997.
- Operates 150 Retail Network Stations.
- Partners with more than 2,400 government and private companies.
- Operates 4 Aviation depots in Addis Ababa (Bole), Mekele, Bahir Dar and Lalibela.
- Transports more than 700,000 metric tons of fuels with 450+ contracted tanker trucks that cover an average of 30 million kms each year and are installed with GPS tracking devices (OBC).
- Employs 167 full-time staffs and created more than 8,000 jobs both directly and indirectly.
- Promotes and implements Health, Safety, Environment and Quality by installing an essential device to monitor and detect safety and environmental risk while handling the daily operations and providing service at its Depots and Service Station.
- Provides training for the development of all its stakeholders as an integral part of its daily routine activity
On May 28, 2021, Total Ethiopia S.C. evolved into TotalEnergies Marketing Ethiopia S.C. and has a registered capital of 790 METB. As a responsible citizen company, TotalEnergies Marketing Ethiopia actively promotes road safety, fighting against COVID-19, Malaria and HIV/AIDS, ensuring product quality and developing renewable energies.
We at TotalEnergies Marketing Ethiopia believe that it is your confidence and trust that has kept us strong through the years. We thank you sincerely every time you choose TotalEnergies.
To be a market leader and a reference energy company that works in close collaboration with its customers and partners to create value through improved product quality and safe operations in Ethiopia.
- To be a leading petroleum company with the highest safety standard, product quality and excellent services in Ethiopia.
- To focus on the fulfillment of customer satisfaction based on their needs.
- To promote sustainable integration of our business activities to the communities.
- Quality and safety matters are given due attention in TotalEnergies Ethiopia. As a world class energy company, the Group has issued very strict regulations regarding its activities. Discover our Health, Safety, Environment and Quality charter
- We strive to meet our customers’ expectations while continuously improving the quality of our products and services with the application of “best practices” as a philosophy.
- We are committed to protecting our environment through a permanent dialogue with local authorities, customers and partners in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner.
- To be first-in-class in operational excellence, safety, and professional behavior.
- To be the leader in Ethiopia, in product quality and services.
- Togetherness: to build strong teams, with shared goals, at units, departments and subsidiary level.